Google Ads is an online advertising platform developed by Google that allows businesses to create ads and display them to users when they perform searches on Google or visit websites that are part of the Google Display Network. It works on a pay-per-click model, meaning advertisers only pay when users click on their ads.
Through Google Ads, advertisers can create various types of ads, including text-based search ads, image or video-based display ads, and shopping ads for e-commerce products. These ads can be targeted based on keywords, location, demographics, interests, and more, allowing advertisers to reach specific audiences.
The platform provides tools to set budgets, bid on keywords, and track the performance of ads through metrics like clicks, impressions, conversions, and return on investment (ROI). Overall, Google Ads is a powerful tool for businesses to promote their products or services to a vast online audience.
Why you should integrate Google Ads with AdFixus:
- Regain addressability across your audience traffic – browsers such as Safari, Brave, and Firefox restrict 3rd party cookies such as Google Ads when deployed on your site. The AdFixus ID is decentralised and deployed entirely in a 1st party manner within your Web infrastructure serving as a legitimate 1st party cookie without expiry restrictions. Ingesting the AdFixus ID into Google Ads allows you to address unauthenticated users across domains and regain a significant percentage of your traffic (approx. 40 – 60%).
- Measure and forecast accurately – 3rd party cookies are subject to high refresh rates which limit the ability for Google Ads to make accurate predictions. By persisting on a rolling 12-month basis, the AdFixus ID serves as a durable identifier for Google Ads to measure with granularity and forecast more accurately.
- Limit PII risks – the AdFixus ID does not depend on PII data and works in a decentralised manner (we do not store or commercialise our client's data). You can mitigate any PII or data leakage risks by using the AdFixus ID in 3rd party ecosystems such as Google Ads.
- A “stable” Customer ID or Login ID is typically ingested in Google Ads. This is not possible for many organisations as they may not be serving a highly authenticated traffic base. Our customers who face similar situations employ the AdFixus ID as this “stable” Customer ID to drive value out of their Google Ecosystem.
How can I integrate Google Ads with the AdFixus platform
There are a number of ways the AdFixus ID can be used in your Google Ads environment depending on the specific Google products used in your organisation and the use cases relevant to your business. Below is a list of approaches we recommend you evaluate.
- Ingest the AdFixus ID as the "user_ID" parameter into Google Ads as described in this documentation.
- Ingest the AdFixus ID as a “PPID” in Google Ads as described in this documentation.
- Utilise the AdFixus ID as the “common denominator” to stitch unknown and known customer profiles to expand the size of User ID lists sent into Google Ads APIs. By querying and matching AdFixus IDs against your known Customer IDs, you will be able to increase the number of Customer IDs you can attach to events going into Google Ads.
- Use the AdFixus ID as a custom event parameter in Google Ads events to build sophisticated attribution reporting based on Google Ads data. Google encrypts “ID” parameters in all data exports, you can instead safely use the AdFixus ID (a pseudonymous ID) without risking any customer data privacy whilst still benefitting from granular reporting and attribution.